It’s that big day and you’re doing everything possible in order to know that you have a fairly tight grasp on what may be going on with your special day. Your wedding is a huge deal and, as long as you’re going about the processes in a way that makes the most sense, you are going to find that there are tons of different options that you want to be sure to consider.
Are you thinking about getting a limousine for your special day? If so, you are not alone – there are more people than ever before that are making that a consideration. That limo ride from your wedding to your reception can really make your big day special, but what do you need to keep an eye out for during the process of finding and renting whatever it is that you may want to use? Here are some tips.
Double check for signs of trouble with the company. One of the biggest things that you need to do is to go ahead and know what you’re getting yourself into in the first place. So many people don’t realize just how many problems that there can be when it comes to a limo company. Here are some questions that you need to consider.
- Are the limos clean?
- Do they have a good reputation?
- Are the limo drivers licensed as chauffeurs or are they just standard drivers?
- What do their insurance policies look like?
- Do they have a rating with the Better Business Bureau?
- What can you find on the internet about them?
Knowing the answers to these questions before you even consider calling them can be a big deal for you.
Know what the quote includes. Many people assume that a quote from a limo company is just that – a quote. But, that’s not always how it works. You want to make sure that they are including every single thing in the quote that they give you. You want to make sure that the quote includes the following things so that you have a complete idea of what you may be getting yourself into.
- Is the mileage included when it comes to the rate you are given?
- Does it include any gratuity that you are to give to the driver, or are you to provide that when you leave the limo? If so, how much is it?
- Does that include gas?
- Does it include tolls and other road payments you may have to make?
- Is the price of any food or alcohol included?
Always know how and when to negotiate. In some cases, you can negotiate with the company. If you’re getting multiple limos, you may be able to see if you can get a reduced rate for each of them. See if you can get some complimentary champagne – it is your wedding, after all. See what they are willing to haggle and try to get some freebies. It’s your special day, you deserve those freebies!